Accessible Page Links

Page Tools

Secondary Navigation

Main page Content

Enrolling at our school

There are two steps to the enrolment process:

Step 1 - Submit the enrolment application.

Step 2 - Participate in the enrolment interview.

Step 1 the enrolment application

Check the Hamilton State School Catchment map to ensure your residential address is within the catchment area. The school will cross check to verify that your listed residential address is within the enrolment boundary.

If you are within the catchment area, complete the student enrolment form (PDF, 336KB). Please complete a separate enrolment application for each child enrolling. 

If you reside outside the catchment area you may complete a student enrolment form (PDF, 336KB). The enrolment management plan has been updated and your applications will be placed on a waiting list and considered in order of date of receipt. The processing of out-of-catchment enrolments will be done according to the Hamilton State School Enrolment management plan.

Please address and submit all applications for enrolment to: The Principal – Liam Bray.

Email: or in person at the school office.

The principal will contact you soon after receipt to arrange an enrolment interview.

Step 2 the enrolment interview

To ensure that the enrolment interview is productive there are some things you will need to bring with you. Without the documents listed below the enrolment cannot be processed. Please bring the follow items with you to the enrolment interview:

  • Documentation proving each child's date of birth e.g: birth certificate or passport.
  • Parents or legal guardians who wish to enrol their child at the school are required to demonstrate that the student’s principal place of residence is within the catchment area. Current proof of residency at the address indicated can be provided as follows:
    • One primary source – a current lease agreement, rates notice, or unconditional contract of sale, and
    • One secondary source – a utility bill (e.g. electricity, gas) showing this same address and parent’s/legal guardian’s name.
    • Alternative proof of residency can be provided at the principal’s discretion – e.g. bank statement/driver’s license with current address in it/tax assessment notice amongst others.
  • A current passport and visa is required for any child born overseas.
  • If coming from another school; the child’s most recent student report card and any other documentation providing information regarding your child’s learning progress to date.